Friday, December 24, 2010

hand-cut snowflake banner tutorial

Yea! Something fun to do on Christmas day, courtesy of that crafty Jennifer. We'll be making a few of these for sure once the fun of unwrapping is over! Merry Christmas!


Snowflake Bunting Tutorial

I’ve been trying to think of a couple of fun projects to keep everybody busy on Christmas Day. As soon as I saw this idea at How About Orange, I knew that we would be cutting snowflakes.


I picked up a big pack of Christmas tissue paper at Costco a few weeks ago, so I had plenty of paper work with. I cut a stack of tissue paper into 6 inch squares and started playing with them while I was waiting for my husband to finish one of his projects. It was so fast to make them. I had a stack of about 6 or 7 in just a few minutes. Once I mastered the basics, I started looking for some patterns online. There were lots, but I really fell in love with the Christmas tree and snowman designs that I found here. I was able to draw the tree onto tissue paper and cut it out. I was pretty impressed with myself.


Once I had cut a whole stack of them, I was wondering what I should do with them next. I ironed them flat and then used baker’s twine to make them into a banner to hang in front of my window. So easy, so cute and so much fun to make, just watch out for all the teeny, tiny paper pieces that are left over from cutting. They are all over my floor and I think I will have to get the vacuum out to clean them up

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
6 Comments

6 Responses to “hand-cut snowflake banner tutorial”

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas★ 。* 。*
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門|

Corazón!!
muy felíz Navidad!!
abrazo grande
c@

maleahbliss said...

Nice job!! :) I have a six (instead of eight) point snowflake tute on my blog. Check it out! http://littleeme.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-very-first-tutorial-six-pointed.html

Tere Azua said...

They look so pretty.
In México, these kinds of hand cut desings are very traditional for the Christmas festivities.
Thanks for the link!!!!

Caca said...

beautiful snowflake in red.

Unknown said...

I like the polka dots on those snowflakes. It really adds something to them.

Anonymous said...

I really have to thank you for this one. We made some and hanged it in the garden. The kids are so happy about it.
dining room table

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs